Do you require a dental filling, but are unsure of the benefits of resin composites? Are composites considered an effective form of dental filling? Although many experts may say that dental amalgams are a better choice for larger cavities, there is strong evidence that composites work better in small to midsize cavities. In fact, some cavities may be too small for dental amalgams, which are perfectly suited for dental composite fillings.
Composite fillings are perhaps not the best choice for all types of cavities over dental amalgams, but in many situations, they are extremely effective and provide many world-class benefits including:
– Typically, composite fillings can last upwards of a decade.
– Composite fillings do not contain mercury, which some people may be allergic to.
– Dental veneers are completely customizable and designed for – If you are seeking a more natural-looking filling, composites have the added benefit of matching the colors of your teeth so they can blend in with your natural teeth.
– Composite fillings can be used on front teeth and back teeth.
– Composite fillings are extremely durable and more resistant to cracking in smaller cavities than dental amalgams.
– If your composite fillings ever need to be repaired, the original fillings do not need to be removed.
If you have a cavity that needs to be repaired, our dentists at Couture Smiles Dental Group can provide you with tooth-colored composite fillings for nearly all sizes of cavities. To book an appointment with Dr. Armen Terteryan at our office in Woodland Hills, California, you can call us at (818) 716.7966. Conquering cavities has never been easier!