Getting dental care during the pandemic comes with a unique set of challenges. After all, as a patient, you can’t keep your mask on throughout the dental treatment.
Each time you leave the house, you expose yourself to all kinds of germs and potential viruses, and the same applies when you visit a dental office. During dental procedures, you may be exposed to droplets and microorganisms. However, our dental specialists take special measures to help prevent the spread of the virus.
At Couture Smiles Dental Group, we’re following the new COVID-19 prevention guidelines, to ensure our patients stay healthy during the pandemic.
Safety measures at the dental office during the pandemic
So, what will be different this time at the dental office? Our team takes the following measures to ensure everyone is safe:
- Screening patients based on symptoms via phone
- Mandatory use of face masks or protective cloth over face and nose when entering the building
- Checking the temperature of patients and whoever is accompanying them
- Prioritizing patients who need urgent dental care
- Providing physical barriers (glass or plastic) at reception
- Providing hand sanitizers
- Disinfecting tools and surfaces before taking a new patient
- Positioning chairs in the waiting rooms five to six feet apart from each other
- Removing magazines or toys that are touched frequently and can’t be regularly disinfected
If you or a loved one are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, stay at home for at least two weeks to prevent the spread of the virus.
Who can benefit from dental care during the pandemic
If you have a dental emergency, such as a knocked-out tooth or infected tooth, you can get dental help right away. And now with the loosening of restrictions, patients who have cavities, issues with their gums, or other uncomfortable symptoms can also receive dental care.
Cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening, veneers, or implants may need to be rescheduled. However, since the guidelines change rapidly, it’s best to give our staff a call to find out whether we can serve you with cosmetic procedures.
Find out if your symptoms warrant a trip to the dentist
Experts are continuously learning new things about COVID-19, so dental specialists can’t predict whether the restrictions will loosen or become more restrictive in the near future.
Feel free to give us a call and describe your symptoms. Our staff at Couture Smiles Dental Group will guide you on what to do next.