When your teeth and your smile look great, you just feel more confident and more attractive. The fact is, though, perfect smiles almost never happen naturally. Pretty much everyone needs a little help to make their teeth and smile look their best. Sometimes, all it takes is a professional teeth whitening treatment or maybe a crown or veneer to correct a minor cosmetic problem. But often, we need a combination of treatments to correct multiple issues. That’s when a smile makeover can help.
At Couture Smiles Dental Group, we offer complete smile makeovers customized for every patient’s unique oral health needs and treatment goals. A smile makeover can dramatically improve the way your smile looks, and it can also correct flaws that can have an impact on your oral health and your bite mechanics. The key to getting the best results is to start with a comprehensive plan of care to help you reach your goals one step at a time.
How a smile makeover “works”
Smile makeovers begin with an in-depth evaluation of your teeth, gums, bite pattern, overall oral health, and, of course, your own concerns about the way your teeth and smile look. Depending on the issues you’d like to have corrected, we might take X-rays or impressions during your visit, and we’ll also perform an evaluation of your teeth, gums, and bite mechanics.
Next, we’ll sit down with you to talk about your treatment options and how we can create a care plan that’s designed to address all your needs. Smile makeovers can include both cosmetic treatments focused solely or primarily on improving the way your teeth and smile look, and they can include restorative treatments to improve the function as well as the appearance of teeth that are damaged. Sometimes, multiple treatments can be performed during a single office visit, while other treatments might require a series of visits. The number of visits and treatments you’ll need will, of course, depend on what your treatment goals are.
Aside from making your smile look great (and improving your oral health too), one of the biggest benefits of a smile makeover is its flexibility. Smile makeovers can include many types of treatments, including:
- Veneers, super-thin “covers” placed on the front surface of a tooth to hide cosmetic flaws like stains, chips, or worn edges and to close gaps or to make crooked teeth look straight
- Crowns, durable porcelain “jackets” designed to fit over a tooth that’s been broken or badly damaged by decay or deep stains
- Implants, a comfortable tooth replacement option that’s more secure and more “natural-feeling” than dentures
- Bridges, porcelain restorations to replace one or more missing teeth
- Inlays and overlays, special fillings designed to address larger areas of decay and restore a damaged tooth’s healthy appearance
- Tooth-colored fillings, “white” fillings shaped and tinted to match the surrounding tooth material for a restoration that’s pretty much invisible to anyone but your dentist
- Bonding, a less expensive alternative to veneers that can be used to address many of the same issues (but which is not as durable as porcelain veneers)
- Teeth whitening, professional treatments designed to lift away years of stains and yellowing
The best candidates for smile makeovers
Because each smile makeover is completely customizable based on the patient’s oral health needs and treatment goals, it can be a great solution for any patient at any age. While the issues you’d like to have corrected will be unique to you, these are just a few of the common problems that can be addressed with a smile makeover at Couture Smiles Dental Group:
- Crooked teeth
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Teeth that are yellow, dingy, dull, or stained, including teeth that can’t be whitened with professional whitening treatments
- “Smoker’s” teeth (brown stains primarily on the front teeth)
- Odd or uneven spacing between teeth
- Teeth that are decayed or otherwise damaged
- Missing teeth
- Bite problems, including overbites, underbites, and crossbites, and problems that cause chronic grinding (bruxism) or clenching
- Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ or TMD), a problem with jaw joints that can cause inflammation, jaw pain, chronic headaches, and “clicking” or “sticking” sensations
Don’t let a problem with your smile make you feel less confident and attractive. A smile makeover at Couture Smiles Dental Group could be just what you need to restore your beautiful smile and feel great about the way you look. To learn more about smile makeover options at Couture Smiles Dental Group, book an appointment online today.